Volunteer ServicesHelping People. Changing Lives.
You have a lifetime of experience and you can make a difference in the community
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) welcomes volunteers age 55 and older and pairs them with opportunities to help enrich their lives and improve their communities. RSVP is a national service program under Senior Corps, an organization dedicated to engaging active older adults in volunteer service. Senior Corps has over 270,000 members nationwide. RSVP volunteers serve locally at nearly 50 different non-profit, civic and faith-based organizations in Dawes and Sioux counties. Whether you want to volunteer at the food pantry, a blood drive, museums, prepare for disaster or deliver Meals on Wheels - we need you!
- Recognition. We celebrate our volunteers during annual recognition events designed to highlight their service as well as be fun and entertaining.
- Ongoing training. We strive to provide educational opportunities that benefit the volunteer as well as the sites they serve.
- Accident and liability insurance while volunteering. RSVP volunteers are covered by supplemental personal liability, accident and excess automobile insurance at no cost while volunteering.
- Improved health and sense of well-being. Studies have found that volunteering improves your physical and mental health.
To qualify for RSVP you must
- Be 55 years of age or older.
- Want to share your skills and life talents.
Got an hour? Share it!
How to Apply
We will visit with you about volunteer opportunities that best fit your interests, skills and availability.