Apply Now

Helping People. Changing Lives.

Enrolling into Head Start?

Parents or legal guardians may apply online or at their local Head Start or Early Head Start locations. Our program has priority eligibility criteria that ensures that the most vulnerable children and their families are served. Special consideration is given to children in foster care, children with disabilities, and children whose families are homeless.

How to Apply

Apply online (en Español) and a Head Start representative will be in contact with you very soon.

Print and fill out both sides/pages of the Head Start Program Application, (English Version) (Spanish Version(click link) for each child to be enrolled. Incomplete applications cannot be processed. Only a pregnant mother, parent(s) or legal guardian(s) may sign the application(s).

In Addition to the Application(s), the following documents must also be supplied.

Income Verification [Provide 1 of the following]
_ Last 12 months of consecutive pay stubs.
_ Most recent 1040 Income Tax report (front page only)
_ W2's
_ Employer Verification form (available upon request)
_ ADC/*TANF/SSI verification (notice of action letter)
[*Please Note: Food Stamps (TANF) are not considered income. You can mark on the application that you receive them, but they are not counted as income.]

Birth Certificate (copy of) for each child being enrolled. 
[Please note: if born in the State of Nebraska, a copy of Immunization Record can temporarily be used until official birth certificate can be obtained].

Up-to-date Immunization Records (copy of) for each child being enrolled.

Submitting your application(s)

Once you have completed the application, bring that and other documents to the Head Start or Early Head Start location nearest you or the Agency Main Office. Be prepared to spend time talking about your application(s) and elibility with a field staff person.
Agency Main Office:
NCAP Head Start Program
270 Pine Street
Chadron, NE 69337

What happens next?

We must be able to reach you in order to enroll your child(ren). If you move or change your phone number after completing an application, it is your responsibility to notify the Head Start Program.

You will be contacted, either by phone or by mail, regarding the status of your application(s).

Available Documents

Program Application English Spanish
Program Site Locations & Options English Spanish
Program Application Check List English Spanish
Online Application English Spanish